Nevada County People: Christensen honored at railroad museum
November 17, 2009
John Christensen celebrated his retirement at a place he loves: The Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad and Transportation Museum.
Christensen is a founder of the Nevada County Historical Society’s railroad museum in Nevada City, where he served as chairman of the board for 21 years. He was instrumental in obtaining Engine No. 5 from Universal Studios in 1985, which led the establishment of today’s museum.
On Saturday, more than 80 guests gathered at the museum to celebrate Christensen’s retirement after 28 years as an emergency room nurse for Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital and his 35 years in the U.S. Army Reserve, retiring as a lieutenant colonel.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Loma Rica man, Grass Valley woman among those killed in Cascade Fire
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site