Nevada County People: Christensen honored at railroad museum
November 17, 2009
John Christensen celebrated his retirement at a place he loves: The Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad and Transportation Museum.
Christensen is a founder of the Nevada County Historical Society’s railroad museum in Nevada City, where he served as chairman of the board for 21 years. He was instrumental in obtaining Engine No. 5 from Universal Studios in 1985, which led the establishment of today’s museum.
On Saturday, more than 80 guests gathered at the museum to celebrate Christensen’s retirement after 28 years as an emergency room nurse for Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital and his 35 years in the U.S. Army Reserve, retiring as a lieutenant colonel.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley