Nevada County motorcyclist injured after hitting deer
April 22, 2014
A Camptonville man was flown to a Roseville hospital Sunday morning after hitting a deer and being thrown from his motorcycle.
Dale Rasmussen, 68, was riding southbound on Highway 49 near Rush Creek Road when he hit the deer at about 8:20 a.m., said California Highway Patrol spokesman Greg Tassone.
Rasmussen was thrown from his motorcycle and reportedly sustained minor to moderate injuries.
He was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center for treatment.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection