Nevada County motorcyclist injured after hitting deer
April 22, 2014
A Camptonville man was flown to a Roseville hospital Sunday morning after hitting a deer and being thrown from his motorcycle.
Dale Rasmussen, 68, was riding southbound on Highway 49 near Rush Creek Road when he hit the deer at about 8:20 a.m., said California Highway Patrol spokesman Greg Tassone.
Rasmussen was thrown from his motorcycle and reportedly sustained minor to moderate injuries.
He was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center for treatment.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project