Nevada County motorcyclist injured after hitting deer
April 22, 2014
A Camptonville man was flown to a Roseville hospital Sunday morning after hitting a deer and being thrown from his motorcycle.
Dale Rasmussen, 68, was riding southbound on Highway 49 near Rush Creek Road when he hit the deer at about 8:20 a.m., said California Highway Patrol spokesman Greg Tassone.
Rasmussen was thrown from his motorcycle and reportedly sustained minor to moderate injuries.
He was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center for treatment.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public