Nevada County, Grass Valley and Nevada City close for Christmas, New Year’s Day
December 23, 2015
Local governments will close their doors for Christmas and New Year’s Day, though operating hours will remain unchanged for the days leading up to the holidays.
Offices for Nevada County, Grass Valley and Nevada City are open today and Christmas Eve. They’ll close Christmas Day, as will the Nevada County courthouse.
Regular office hours resume next week, though the governments and courthouse will close on Jan. 1, New Year’s Day.
Friday garbage collection will instead occur on Saturday both this week and next.
Waste Management will begin collecting Christmas trees immediately after Friday’s holiday.
People can dispose of their trees in their green waste carts, which Waste Management will collect on each person’s normally scheduled pickup day.
Trees also can be left between Saturday and Jan. 31 at the Eric Rood Administrative Center, 950 Maidu Ave., Nevada City. A free drop-off point for the trees is near the Cement Hill Road entrance, by the Nevada County Jail.
The McCourtney Road Transfer Station, 14741 Wolf Mountain Road, Grass Valley, also is accepting trees for free between Saturday and Jan. 31. The facility is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping