Nevada City woman killed in solo crash
November 6, 2013
A 25-year-old Nevada City woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident late Saturday night.
The cause of the wreck that killed Shaina Herman remains under investigation, according to the California Highway patrol.
Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated responded to the scene of the accident on Highway 20 at just after 11 p.m., said Battalion Chief Jerry Funk.
Herman was driving a Toyota 4Runner eastbound on Highway 20 east of Harmony Ridge when she went off the road for unknown reasons and slammed into a large cedar tree, according to the CHP and Funk.
Firefighters found Herman unresponsive and trapped in the driver's seat and used the Jaws of Life to extricate her. She was pronounced dead at the scene, however.
There were no witnesses to the accident and the cause remains under investigation.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County