Nevada City woman killed in solo crash
November 6, 2013
A 25-year-old Nevada City woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident late Saturday night.
The cause of the wreck that killed Shaina Herman remains under investigation, according to the California Highway patrol.
Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated responded to the scene of the accident on Highway 20 at just after 11 p.m., said Battalion Chief Jerry Funk.
Herman was driving a Toyota 4Runner eastbound on Highway 20 east of Harmony Ridge when she went off the road for unknown reasons and slammed into a large cedar tree, according to the CHP and Funk.
Firefighters found Herman unresponsive and trapped in the driver's seat and used the Jaws of Life to extricate her. She was pronounced dead at the scene, however.
There were no witnesses to the accident and the cause remains under investigation.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County