Nevada City woman killed in solo crash
November 6, 2013
A 25-year-old Nevada City woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident late Saturday night.
The cause of the wreck that killed Shaina Herman remains under investigation, according to the California Highway patrol.
Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated responded to the scene of the accident on Highway 20 at just after 11 p.m., said Battalion Chief Jerry Funk.
Herman was driving a Toyota 4Runner eastbound on Highway 20 east of Harmony Ridge when she went off the road for unknown reasons and slammed into a large cedar tree, according to the CHP and Funk.
Firefighters found Herman unresponsive and trapped in the driver's seat and used the Jaws of Life to extricate her. She was pronounced dead at the scene, however.
There were no witnesses to the accident and the cause remains under investigation.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws