Nevada City parade for paralympian snowboarder Evan Strong April 1
March 27, 2014
5 days 'til Strong parade
On April 1, Nevada City will honor one of its own for bringing the gold back home, as paralympian gold-medalist snowboarder Evan Strong will be celebrated with a hero's homecoming parade. Strong, along with his family and supporters, will be welcomed home with a parade down Broad Street at 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 1. Pre-event festivities will start at 5:30 p.m.
Following the parade, the party will head to the Miners Foundry, 325 Spring St. in Nevada City, where the celebration will continue with live music, food and drink, along with autograph and photo opportunities with Strong and his gold medal. Donated items, including snowboards and other athletic gear, will be raffled to benefit Nevada County's FREED Center for Independent Living (www.freed.org) and Adaptive Action Sports (http://adacs.org), based in Summit County, Colo.
Visit http://www.nevadacitychamber.com for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person covered in blood at pool
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man stabs self; transients urinate and defecate near business
- Clock ticking on Nevada County kidnapping, false imprisonment suspects’ decision on plea
- 14,000 pounds of trash pulled from Nevada County waterways by nearly 900 SYRCL volunteers
- Finding their compass: Nevada County teachers gather at NU for Professional Development Day