Nevada City parade for paralympian snowboarder Evan Strong April 1
March 27, 2014
5 days 'til Strong parade
On April 1, Nevada City will honor one of its own for bringing the gold back home, as paralympian gold-medalist snowboarder Evan Strong will be celebrated with a hero's homecoming parade. Strong, along with his family and supporters, will be welcomed home with a parade down Broad Street at 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 1. Pre-event festivities will start at 5:30 p.m.
Following the parade, the party will head to the Miners Foundry, 325 Spring St. in Nevada City, where the celebration will continue with live music, food and drink, along with autograph and photo opportunities with Strong and his gold medal. Donated items, including snowboards and other athletic gear, will be raffled to benefit Nevada County's FREED Center for Independent Living (www.freed.org) and Adaptive Action Sports (http://adacs.org), based in Summit County, Colo.
Visit http://www.nevadacitychamber.com for more information.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball