Nevada City man found dead in American River canyon
August 29, 2014
A 23-year-old Nevada City man's body was discovered Tuesday afternoon in the American River canyon, but his death is not considered suspicious, authorities said.
At around 4 p.m. Tuesday, the Placer County Sheriff's Office was notified by a hiker that he had seen a man's body near the Riverview Trail in the canyon near Auburn, said Placer County Sheriff's spokeswoman Dena Erwin. The man led authorities to the body, where coroner's investigators and homicide detectives found nothing suspicious.
The man, Stuart A. Martin, was removed from the canyon and taken to the Placer County morgue, Erwin said. There was no trauma found during the autopsy, so cause of death is pending forensic toxicology.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin