Nevada City man arrested in Rohnert Park on DUI,pot charges
January 28, 2014
A Nevada City man who reportedly sped away from police before crashing in Rohnert Park Jan. 15 was arrested for suspected drunken driving and possessing three pounds of marijuana.
Erik Tervo, 42, was apprehended as he crawled out the broken rear window of his overturned SUV after crashing through a fence and knocking over a power pole on Millbrae Avenue, police said.
Tervo was driving shortly after 11 p.m. when patrol officers observed him speeding down the road, the Rohnert Park Public Safety Department said. A pursuit ensued at speeds of at least 75 mph, ending when Tervo's Saturn SUV ran off the road, authorities said.
The crash knocked out power to nearby homes; Tervo suffered only scrapes. He reportedly told officers he had been drinking at the nearby Graton Rancheria casino and tried to escape apprehension because of the marijuana in his car.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws