Nevada City man arrested in Rohnert Park on DUI,pot charges
January 28, 2014
A Nevada City man who reportedly sped away from police before crashing in Rohnert Park Jan. 15 was arrested for suspected drunken driving and possessing three pounds of marijuana.
Erik Tervo, 42, was apprehended as he crawled out the broken rear window of his overturned SUV after crashing through a fence and knocking over a power pole on Millbrae Avenue, police said.
Tervo was driving shortly after 11 p.m. when patrol officers observed him speeding down the road, the Rohnert Park Public Safety Department said. A pursuit ensued at speeds of at least 75 mph, ending when Tervo's Saturn SUV ran off the road, authorities said.
The crash knocked out power to nearby homes; Tervo suffered only scrapes. He reportedly told officers he had been drinking at the nearby Graton Rancheria casino and tried to escape apprehension because of the marijuana in his car.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person covered in blood at pool
- Never again: Nevada City filmmaker produces series on incarceration of Japanese during WWII
- Nevada County murder suspect Maurice Rogers seeks to toss evidence
- 14,000 pounds of trash pulled from Nevada County waterways by nearly 900 SYRCL volunteers