Nevada City man arrested for possession of meth
September 2, 2014
Nevada City Police arrested Nevada City man Daemion Manjarrez Thursday night after reportedly finding burglary tools, methamphetamines and drug paraphernalia in his possession.
"We're familiar with Manjarrez from previous law enforcement contacts," Det. Chad Ellis said. "The patrol officer last night observed him while he was out on patrol and ended up running his name and he came back with five active warrants for his arrest."
Nevada City Police Officer Sean Mason made contact with Manjarrez, who was on foot, around 11 p.m. Thursday near a Nevada City Chevron gas station located on the 300 block of Sacramento Street. Manjarrez, 45, had five outstanding warrants in different cases ranging from drug use, possession and driving on a suspended license.
After conducting a physical search on Manjarrez, Mason reportedly found tools commonly used for burglary, drug paraphernalia and methamphetamines. Ellis said a police report is yet to be filed on the arrest and that he does not currently know the amount of methamphetamine Mason found on Manjarrez.
Ellis says that Manjarrez, a miner from Nevada City, has a criminal history of drug arrests in Nevada County and is currently in custody on a total of eight charges and held on a more than $40,000 bail.
To contact Staff Writer Ivan Natividad, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4236.
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story