NCTV telethon raises more than $10K
October 21, 2013
Saturday's telethon for the beleaguered Nevada County Digital Media Center, the area's public access television station, was a huge success, organizers said.
The telethon had raised more than $10,000 when it went off the air, said producer Gil Dominguez.
The television station has been through a lot in the last few months. In late August, the station's board of directors voted to close, citing financial problems. Since then, supporters have rallied to save the station, replacing the board with a new group of directors who are looking to slim down the station's operations and keep it on the air.
The telethon Saturday was aimed at getting that message out, as well as raising much needed funds. Saturday's four-hour live broadcast featured musical acts, donors pledging funds, showcases of sponsoring businesses and nonprofits, as well as food and showcases of station equipment.
According to Dominguez, another telethon already is being planned for this spring, in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws