NCTV telethon raises more than $10K
October 21, 2013
Saturday's telethon for the beleaguered Nevada County Digital Media Center, the area's public access television station, was a huge success, organizers said.
The telethon had raised more than $10,000 when it went off the air, said producer Gil Dominguez.
The television station has been through a lot in the last few months. In late August, the station's board of directors voted to close, citing financial problems. Since then, supporters have rallied to save the station, replacing the board with a new group of directors who are looking to slim down the station's operations and keep it on the air.
The telethon Saturday was aimed at getting that message out, as well as raising much needed funds. Saturday's four-hour live broadcast featured musical acts, donors pledging funds, showcases of sponsoring businesses and nonprofits, as well as food and showcases of station equipment.
According to Dominguez, another telethon already is being planned for this spring, in Nevada City.
Trending In: Local News
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say