Music in the Mountains quintet thrills Scotten School students
March 26, 2014
Last week, students of Grass Valley's Margaret Scotten School were treated to familiar and not-so-familiar melodies when musicians from Music in the Mountains visited the transitional kindergarten through fourth-grade school.
Each member of the local organization's quintet demonstrated their instrument and its unique sound. The children thoroughly enjoyed both the classical music and modern-themed tunes they played. Teachers then gave follow-up lessons in their classrooms.
Many thanks to Music in the Mountains for educating students through their in-school programs, an important component of Scotten's focus of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math.)
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana