Multiple-family structure burns in Grass Valley
October 11, 2013
Three families were displaced Sunday night, as a fire ripped through a two-story structure, according to fire officials.
Grass Valley Fire Department combined with other area fire agencies in responding to calls for a structure fire in the 100 block of Valley View at around 10 p.m., according to a news release issued by a Joint Operational Authority.
Crews arrived to find a well-established attic fire.
Firefighters made entry into the house and began to attack the fire while sounding a second alarm for reinforcement, the release stated.
Grass Valley firefighters climbed to the roof and ventilated the structure and were met with heavy fire from the ventilation holes.
"A well-coordinated and aggressive fire attack by crews at scene kept the fire to a single apartment," the release states.
The displaced families are in the care of the Red Cross.
No injuries were reported, and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted