Multiple-family structure burns in Grass Valley
October 11, 2013
Three families were displaced Sunday night, as a fire ripped through a two-story structure, according to fire officials.
Grass Valley Fire Department combined with other area fire agencies in responding to calls for a structure fire in the 100 block of Valley View at around 10 p.m., according to a news release issued by a Joint Operational Authority.
Crews arrived to find a well-established attic fire.
Firefighters made entry into the house and began to attack the fire while sounding a second alarm for reinforcement, the release stated.
Grass Valley firefighters climbed to the roof and ventilated the structure and were met with heavy fire from the ventilation holes.
"A well-coordinated and aggressive fire attack by crews at scene kept the fire to a single apartment," the release states.
The displaced families are in the care of the Red Cross.
No injuries were reported, and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck