Multiple accidents keep firefighters busy
November 13, 2013
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters stayed busy Sunday with a slew of vehicle accidents.
At 10:44 a.m., firefighters responded to a call for a runaway vehicle on Main Street in Nevada City, said Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Crews arrived to find the vehicle high-centered on a rock retaining wall after it rolled from a parking lot, off a ledge and through a railing, striking two street lights before stopping.
The vehicle also ran through several tables of food and clothing being distributed to the homeless, but no one was injured, Funk said.
At 11:55 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a solo-vehicle accident after a vehicle left the road and struck a tree on Highway 49 near Quail Creek Road. A person was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with moderate injuries, according to Funk.
At 1:42 p.m., crews responded to the scene of a two-vehicle accident with three victims at the intersection of Highway 20 with Highway 49 in Nevada City. The victims received minor to moderate injuries, and all were taken to the hospital. Traffic was delayed for about 30 minutes, Funk said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley woman, fiancée die in Cascade Fire
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site