Multiple accidents keep firefighters busy
November 13, 2013
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters stayed busy Sunday with a slew of vehicle accidents.
At 10:44 a.m., firefighters responded to a call for a runaway vehicle on Main Street in Nevada City, said Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Crews arrived to find the vehicle high-centered on a rock retaining wall after it rolled from a parking lot, off a ledge and through a railing, striking two street lights before stopping.
The vehicle also ran through several tables of food and clothing being distributed to the homeless, but no one was injured, Funk said.
At 11:55 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a solo-vehicle accident after a vehicle left the road and struck a tree on Highway 49 near Quail Creek Road. A person was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with moderate injuries, according to Funk.
At 1:42 p.m., crews responded to the scene of a two-vehicle accident with three victims at the intersection of Highway 20 with Highway 49 in Nevada City. The victims received minor to moderate injuries, and all were taken to the hospital. Traffic was delayed for about 30 minutes, Funk said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County