Multiple accidents keep firefighters busy
November 13, 2013
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters stayed busy Sunday with a slew of vehicle accidents.
At 10:44 a.m., firefighters responded to a call for a runaway vehicle on Main Street in Nevada City, said Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Crews arrived to find the vehicle high-centered on a rock retaining wall after it rolled from a parking lot, off a ledge and through a railing, striking two street lights before stopping.
The vehicle also ran through several tables of food and clothing being distributed to the homeless, but no one was injured, Funk said.
At 11:55 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a solo-vehicle accident after a vehicle left the road and struck a tree on Highway 49 near Quail Creek Road. A person was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital with moderate injuries, according to Funk.
At 1:42 p.m., crews responded to the scene of a two-vehicle accident with three victims at the intersection of Highway 20 with Highway 49 in Nevada City. The victims received minor to moderate injuries, and all were taken to the hospital. Traffic was delayed for about 30 minutes, Funk said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger