Much needed rain hits Nevada County at last
April 5, 2013
About .65 inches of rain fell during a storm event that struck the Sierra Foothills on Thursday, said weather officials in the late afternoon.
While the bulk of the precipitation fell in the late morning and early afternoon, sporadic showers are possible throughout Thursday, said Drew Peterson, National Weather Service Meteorologist.
Furthermore, a storm system predicted to hit the Pacific Northwest over the weekend may track far enough to the south to drop more rain on the region, Peterson said.
"It's an unsettled pattern," he said.
A chance of rain will persist throughout the weekend, Peterson said.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law