Motorists escape vehicle fire
April 24, 2013
Three motorists escaped a burning vehicle Saturday evening according to a fire officials.
The Nevada County Consolidated Fire District engines responded at 6 p.m. to the area of Highway 20 slightly west of Whitecloud and found an upside-down vehicle about 30 feet down the embankment, according to a Sunday news release.
The three occupants were able to escape and suffered minor to moderate injuries, the release states.
The vehicle was fully engulfed in flames, and the blaze extended into the surrounding wildland area.
Consolidated firefighters were able to contain the fire to about a quarter acre.
The three people were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for treatment.
No updates on their condition were available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws