Motorists escape vehicle fire
April 24, 2013
Three motorists escaped a burning vehicle Saturday evening according to a fire officials.
The Nevada County Consolidated Fire District engines responded at 6 p.m. to the area of Highway 20 slightly west of Whitecloud and found an upside-down vehicle about 30 feet down the embankment, according to a Sunday news release.
The three occupants were able to escape and suffered minor to moderate injuries, the release states.
The vehicle was fully engulfed in flames, and the blaze extended into the surrounding wildland area.
Consolidated firefighters were able to contain the fire to about a quarter acre.
The three people were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for treatment.
No updates on their condition were available.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed