Motorists escape vehicle fire
April 24, 2013
Three motorists escaped a burning vehicle Saturday evening according to a fire officials.
The Nevada County Consolidated Fire District engines responded at 6 p.m. to the area of Highway 20 slightly west of Whitecloud and found an upside-down vehicle about 30 feet down the embankment, according to a Sunday news release.
The three occupants were able to escape and suffered minor to moderate injuries, the release states.
The vehicle was fully engulfed in flames, and the blaze extended into the surrounding wildland area.
Consolidated firefighters were able to contain the fire to about a quarter acre.
The three people were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for treatment.
No updates on their condition were available.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project