Mosquito fish giveaway Thursday
August 19, 2008
The last Nevada County Mosquito Control Program free giveaway for mosquito fish for residents’ ponds will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Fairgrounds.
Only four animals have been reported with West Nile virus in the county this year. However, the possibility for more exists and the fish can eat mosquito larvae that could potentially turn into mosquitos that transmit the disease.
Residents are asked to enter the drive-through event from Brighton Street just behind the draft horse monument. The 20-pound box of mosquito fish should be placed into a pond within two hours.
For more information, call the mosquito program at 265-1500 or log on to http://www.mynevadacounty.com/westnilevirus.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person covered in blood at pool
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man stabs self; transients urinate and defecate near business
- Clock ticking on Nevada County kidnapping, false imprisonment suspects’ decision on plea
- 14,000 pounds of trash pulled from Nevada County waterways by nearly 900 SYRCL volunteers
- Finding their compass: Nevada County teachers gather at NU for Professional Development Day