Mosquito fish giveaway Thursday
August 19, 2008
The last Nevada County Mosquito Control Program free giveaway for mosquito fish for residents’ ponds will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Fairgrounds.
Only four animals have been reported with West Nile virus in the county this year. However, the possibility for more exists and the fish can eat mosquito larvae that could potentially turn into mosquitos that transmit the disease.
Residents are asked to enter the drive-through event from Brighton Street just behind the draft horse monument. The 20-pound box of mosquito fish should be placed into a pond within two hours.
For more information, call the mosquito program at 265-1500 or log on to http://www.mynevadacounty.com/westnilevirus.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball