Missing Truckee man found
August 11, 2014
A missing Truckee man was found dead at Stampede Reservoir Friday, according to Sierra County Sheriff John Evans.
Nathen Johnson, 32, was initially reported missing Tuesday afternoon, Evans said in a press release.
The Truckee Police investigation revealed his last known cell phone activity was in the area of Stampede Reservoir. Sierra County initiated a search of the area.
Friday morning, during a first-light search, Johnson was found deceased in the waters near his private boat. No foul play is suspected at this time, Evans said. The manner and cause of death are pending further investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial