Missing Truckee man found
August 11, 2014
A missing Truckee man was found dead at Stampede Reservoir Friday, according to Sierra County Sheriff John Evans.
Nathen Johnson, 32, was initially reported missing Tuesday afternoon, Evans said in a press release.
The Truckee Police investigation revealed his last known cell phone activity was in the area of Stampede Reservoir. Sierra County initiated a search of the area.
Friday morning, during a first-light search, Johnson was found deceased in the waters near his private boat. No foul play is suspected at this time, Evans said. The manner and cause of death are pending further investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home