Missing Truckee man found
August 11, 2014
A missing Truckee man was found dead at Stampede Reservoir Friday, according to Sierra County Sheriff John Evans.
Nathen Johnson, 32, was initially reported missing Tuesday afternoon, Evans said in a press release.
The Truckee Police investigation revealed his last known cell phone activity was in the area of Stampede Reservoir. Sierra County initiated a search of the area.
Friday morning, during a first-light search, Johnson was found deceased in the waters near his private boat. No foul play is suspected at this time, Evans said. The manner and cause of death are pending further investigation.
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance