Missing Truckee man found
August 11, 2014
A missing Truckee man was found dead at Stampede Reservoir Friday, according to Sierra County Sheriff John Evans.
Nathen Johnson, 32, was initially reported missing Tuesday afternoon, Evans said in a press release.
The Truckee Police investigation revealed his last known cell phone activity was in the area of Stampede Reservoir. Sierra County initiated a search of the area.
Friday morning, during a first-light search, Johnson was found deceased in the waters near his private boat. No foul play is suspected at this time, Evans said. The manner and cause of death are pending further investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law