Missing boater’s body found in Bullard’s Bar
August 21, 2013
Missing boater's body found in Bullard's Bar
Yuba County sheriff's deputies recovered the body of a Lincoln man over the weekend who disappeared in Bullard's Bar Reservoir a week earlier.
According to the Marysville Appeal-Democrat, Mathew Camp, 30, was found Saturday about 165-feet below the surface of the Yuba County reservoir, Undersheriff Jerry Read said in a statement.
Camp disappeared Aug. 11 when the boat he was piloting struck a wake wave at an estimated speed of 40 mph, the Sheriff's Department said.
Yuba County Marine Enforcement and Technical Rescue Units searched the area with assistance from the Placer County Sheriff's Department's Marine Enforcement Unit and Air Operations Unit.
— Special to The Union
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws