Missing boater’s body found in Bullard’s Bar
August 21, 2013
Missing boater's body found in Bullard's Bar
Yuba County sheriff's deputies recovered the body of a Lincoln man over the weekend who disappeared in Bullard's Bar Reservoir a week earlier.
According to the Marysville Appeal-Democrat, Mathew Camp, 30, was found Saturday about 165-feet below the surface of the Yuba County reservoir, Undersheriff Jerry Read said in a statement.
Camp disappeared Aug. 11 when the boat he was piloting struck a wake wave at an estimated speed of 40 mph, the Sheriff's Department said.
Yuba County Marine Enforcement and Technical Rescue Units searched the area with assistance from the Placer County Sheriff's Department's Marine Enforcement Unit and Air Operations Unit.
— Special to The Union
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation