Missing boater’s body found in Bullard’s Bar
August 21, 2013
Missing boater's body found in Bullard's Bar
Yuba County sheriff's deputies recovered the body of a Lincoln man over the weekend who disappeared in Bullard's Bar Reservoir a week earlier.
According to the Marysville Appeal-Democrat, Mathew Camp, 30, was found Saturday about 165-feet below the surface of the Yuba County reservoir, Undersheriff Jerry Read said in a statement.
Camp disappeared Aug. 11 when the boat he was piloting struck a wake wave at an estimated speed of 40 mph, the Sheriff's Department said.
Yuba County Marine Enforcement and Technical Rescue Units searched the area with assistance from the Placer County Sheriff's Department's Marine Enforcement Unit and Air Operations Unit.
— Special to The Union
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance