Missing 17-year-old found safe
April 16, 2013
Jason Murray, 17, who reportedly ran away from home Monday, has been found safe, said his mother, Teresa Murray.
"I went around and took flyers down today," Teresa Murray said. "It was definitely better taking them down than putting them up."
Jason Murray reportedly posted a Facebook status letting people know he was safe around 4 a.m. Friday, his mother said.
"So he's safe right now," she said. "It's the best feeling ever. I will sleep for the first time in five days."
Teresa Murray said she received multiple calls and is grateful for the support from the community.
"Everybody was so helpful and just wanted to bring him home and I'm glad he's safe," she said.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story