Minor injuries reported in McCourtney Road crash
March 28, 2013
The drivers of two vehicles involved in a head-on collision Wednesday afternoon escaped with only minor injuries, according to the California Highway Patrol.
John Denniss, 59, of Roseville, was looking for an address on McCourtney Road at about 1:30 p.m. and pulled over onto the eastbound shoulder to turn around, said CHP Officer Marc Morrison in a press release. Denniss then began driving southbound on McCourtney Road in the northbound lane.
As Denniss approached a low hill and rounded a curve to the left, he collided head-on with a Nissan Frontier being driven by Jaclyn Volek, 22, of Auburn.
The crash caused significant damage, but serious injury was avoided because both drivers were wearing seatbelts, and their air bags deployed, Morrison wrote.
Denniss complained of pain to his chest and hips; Volek complained of shoulder and neck pain. Both were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, treated and released.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville