Minor injuries reported in McCourtney Road crash
March 28, 2013
The drivers of two vehicles involved in a head-on collision Wednesday afternoon escaped with only minor injuries, according to the California Highway Patrol.
John Denniss, 59, of Roseville, was looking for an address on McCourtney Road at about 1:30 p.m. and pulled over onto the eastbound shoulder to turn around, said CHP Officer Marc Morrison in a press release. Denniss then began driving southbound on McCourtney Road in the northbound lane.
As Denniss approached a low hill and rounded a curve to the left, he collided head-on with a Nissan Frontier being driven by Jaclyn Volek, 22, of Auburn.
The crash caused significant damage, but serious injury was avoided because both drivers were wearing seatbelts, and their air bags deployed, Morrison wrote.
Denniss complained of pain to his chest and hips; Volek complained of shoulder and neck pain. Both were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, treated and released.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law