Mike Carville: Take the 2012 Wellness and Weight Loss Challenge
November 8, 2012
Happy 2012! As everyone knows this is a popular time of year to get fit and drop pounds. In fact, 85 percent of all the people who join a gym these days do so not for vanity but to improve their health and lose weight.
Have you made your New Year’s health and fitness resolutions? Even more importantly, do you have a plan in place to get the results you want?
For the past several years we have run a popular Wellness and Weight Loss Challenge for our members at the South Yuba Club. Last year’s challenge was won by Andy Fietz, who weighed 300 pounds a year ago December. Andy lost 80 pounds in six months.
To hear Andy’s story in his own words go to the online version of this article on The Union website (www.theunion.com) and watch Andy’s video.
This year, we are making our annual Wellness and Weight loss Challenge available for free to everyone in Nevada Country via our website. On the site you can download our Six-Week Exercise and Nutrition Journal. The 31-page journal is your road map to proper exercise, nutrition and weight loss – covering everything you need to do to be successful whether you workout at a gym or exercise at home.
So here’s the challenge: Get started on the right foot this year and take action when it comes to your health and well-being. If your New Year’s resolution includes gaining strength, losing weight, improving your health then follow the plan below and make 2012 your best year ever.
• Six-Week Exercise and Nutrition Journal. Download the program journal at http://www.southyubaclub.com.
• “Getting started” meeting. Attend the “getting started” meeting. The meeting includes the 30-minute presentation “The ABC’s of Fat Loss” and covers everything you need to know to be successful including how to use the Six-Week Journal.
South Yuba Club will offer meeting dates at both of our clubs for your convenience: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Jan. 21 at 555 Searls Ave., Nevada City (call 470-9100 for information); or 6:30-7:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at at 722 Freeman Lane/Raley’s Pine Creek Center, Grass Valley (272-7676).
• Online support. Join the South Yuba Club Facebook Nutrition and Weight Loss Group forum to receive guidance, advice, and support from our trainers and on-line community during the Challenge. Go to http://www.southyubaclub.com and click on the Wellness and Weight Loss Challenge link.
Starting an exercise and nutrition program doesn’t have to be complicated if you have the right information and a good plan of action. Download the journal, attend the getting started meeting and make the commitment to follow through for six weeks. You very well could end up like Andy.
Mike Carville is a NASM/RKC Certified Fitness Trainer and co-owner of South Yuba Club in Nevada City (www.southyubaclub.com) and Monster Gym in Grass Valley (www.monstergyms.com). Mike is available for questions and speaking engagements via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide