Memorial Day activities
May 25, 2013
In Nevada County, the following events will take place on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27:
9 a.m. – Memorial Day Ceremony at Pioneer Park hosted by the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
9:30 a.m. – Bicycle Tour of Local Heroes' Memorial Bridge Plaques leaving from Pioneer Park following the 9 a.m. ceremony. This ride will be led by the owners of Tour of Nevada City Bicycle Shop.
11 a.m. – Memorial Day Ceremony at Memorial Park hosted by the American Legion.
Noon – Hot dog lunch will be served by the Boy Scouts following the 11 a.m. ceremony.
1 p.m. – Local Heroes' Memorial Bridge Tour and Walk will start at Memorial Park.
1 p.m. – Gold Country Telecare Bus Tour of Local Heroes' Memorial Bridge Plaques will pick up the first group of passengers at Memorial Park. Telecare will provide transportation for seniors and persons with disabilities.
3 p.m. – Welcome Home Vets Open House at 248 Mill Street in Grass Valley. There will also be a book signing by author Kurt Chismark. "An Honorable Illusion: A Memoir" is Chismark's account of his own military service in Vietnam. Chismark will talk about his experience at 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County