Margic Carpet in Nevada City offers open house, storewide discounts
May 17, 2013
The Magic Carpet will host an open house today to feature an array of hand-woven carpets and decorations with a 20 percent storewide sale.
The store will be celebrating its re-opening and transition to new management under rug enthusiasts Peter Cohen and Carolien van Straten.
The event will be 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. today at 408 Broad St. in Nevada City.
A new exhibit, Art Under Foot — Knot by Knot, will also be presented that will showcase 34 rugs representing several weaving traditions, each one created with incredible skill and artistry, knot by knot, using hand-carded and hand-spun vegetable-dyed wool.
There will also be a film presentation throughout the day, featuring a behind-the-scenes view into India's colorful tradition of rug production.
The spring sale includes 20 percent off all rugs, textiles and statues and even larger discounts on pillows and super sale rugs.
There will be a 40 percent off discount on select high-knottage luxury rugs from India and China that are hand-knotted with plush lanolin wool.
Not only does the Magic Carpet offer rugs and decorations, but a portion of its sales supports several cultural survival projects to promote fair trade, as well as educational and environmental resource development and stewardship.
For more information, call 530-265-9229 or visit http://www.themagiccarpet.biz/
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball