Man sought in connection with assault on father
December 15, 2013
A Newtown Road resident was being sought Tuesday in connection with an assault on his 76-year-old father that resulted in a broken wrist.
Nevada County Sheriff’s deputies were called to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Monday morning for a report of an assault victim seeking treatment, according to dispatch reports.
The suspect, identified as 46-year-old Christopher McCoy, had gone to dinner with his father and his girlfriend Sunday night, and an argument ensued between the younger man and his girlfriend over a missing purse, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
McCoy started “throwing stuff,” and his father attempted to intervene, Royal said.
McCoy then reportedly pushed his father back, causing him to fall and fracture his writ. The victim sought treatment the next day.
A be-on-the-lookout advisory was issued for McCoy on suspicion of elder abuse and battery causing serious bodily injury.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project