Man rescued in near drowning at Scotts Flat
July 28, 2013
At 3 p.m. Saturday Nevada County Consolidated, Cal Fire Engine, Nevada City Fire Department responded to a reported possible drowning with CPR in progress at the Scott's Flat Campground.
According to a report, emergency workers arrived on scene to find a male patient who had previously swam out to retrieve an inflatable raft and had been overcome with exhaustion and went under the water. An off duty registered nurse and a former life guard came to the man's aid, the report stated. He was pulled from the water and administered CPR.
Upon the fire department's arrival the man was conscious and answering questions appropriately, the report stated. He was transported to Sierra Nevada Hospital by ground ambulance for further medical evaluation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation