Man rescued in near drowning at Scotts Flat
July 28, 2013
At 3 p.m. Saturday Nevada County Consolidated, Cal Fire Engine, Nevada City Fire Department responded to a reported possible drowning with CPR in progress at the Scott’s Flat Campground.
According to a report, emergency workers arrived on scene to find a male patient who had previously swam out to retrieve an inflatable raft and had been overcome with exhaustion and went under the water. An off duty registered nurse and a former life guard came to the man’s aid, the report stated. He was pulled from the water and administered CPR.
Upon the fire department’s arrival the man was conscious and answering questions appropriately, the report stated. He was transported to Sierra Nevada Hospital by ground ambulance for further medical evaluation.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project