Man rescued in near drowning at Scotts Flat
July 28, 2013
At 3 p.m. Saturday Nevada County Consolidated, Cal Fire Engine, Nevada City Fire Department responded to a reported possible drowning with CPR in progress at the Scott's Flat Campground.
According to a report, emergency workers arrived on scene to find a male patient who had previously swam out to retrieve an inflatable raft and had been overcome with exhaustion and went under the water. An off duty registered nurse and a former life guard came to the man's aid, the report stated. He was pulled from the water and administered CPR.
Upon the fire department's arrival the man was conscious and answering questions appropriately, the report stated. He was transported to Sierra Nevada Hospital by ground ambulance for further medical evaluation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin