Man rescued in near drowning at Scotts Flat
July 28, 2013
At 3 p.m. Saturday Nevada County Consolidated, Cal Fire Engine, Nevada City Fire Department responded to a reported possible drowning with CPR in progress at the Scott's Flat Campground.
According to a report, emergency workers arrived on scene to find a male patient who had previously swam out to retrieve an inflatable raft and had been overcome with exhaustion and went under the water. An off duty registered nurse and a former life guard came to the man's aid, the report stated. He was pulled from the water and administered CPR.
Upon the fire department's arrival the man was conscious and answering questions appropriately, the report stated. He was transported to Sierra Nevada Hospital by ground ambulance for further medical evaluation.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death