Man pleads not guilty in sexual battery case
September 2, 2013
A Grass Valley man has been charged with sexual battery involving a 14- or 15-year-old girl and pleaded not guilty in Nevada County Superior Court Thursday.
Todd Ronald Ghiringhelli, 50, self-surrendered and was booked on suspicion of committing a lewd act on a child aged 14 or 15 and sexual battery by restraint. He was released on $60,000 bail and is set to return to court Sept. 5.
The date of the charged offense was listed as March 28; that is the same date that was given when an investigator from the Nevada County Sheriff's Office issued a public appeal seeking help in identifying a suspect in a sexual assault.
Det. Sean Scales had provided surveillance video of the man and his vehicle to local media in an effort to identify the suspect, saying the victim was able to provide very little information about the suspect or where the crimes occurred.
The video was from a retail location that was not in Nevada County, but the crime allegedly took place at a residence here, Scales said.
Thursday, Scales declined to confirm whether Ghiringhelli was the suspect in that case, deferring to Nevada County Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Ow. Ow would not comment further on the case.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger