Man injured in single-car accident
April 16, 2013
A man was transported to the Sutter Roseville Trauma Center Saturday afternoon, following a single-car accident near the 17000 block of Lake Vera and Purdon Road.
Nevada County Consolidated Fire Department crews arrived on the scene around 2 p.m. to find a 66-year-old male who had been momentarily pinned between the door of a vehicle and a utility pole, according to a press release. The man sustained multiple fractures to his upper extremities and chest trauma. He had reportedly been trying to stop a runaway vehicle that was headed for a ditch.
The victim's name was not available as of press time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows