Man injured in single-car accident
April 16, 2013
A man was transported to the Sutter Roseville Trauma Center Saturday afternoon, following a single-car accident near the 17000 block of Lake Vera and Purdon Road.
Nevada County Consolidated Fire Department crews arrived on the scene around 2 p.m. to find a 66-year-old male who had been momentarily pinned between the door of a vehicle and a utility pole, according to a press release. The man sustained multiple fractures to his upper extremities and chest trauma. He had reportedly been trying to stop a runaway vehicle that was headed for a ditch.
The victim's name was not available as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier