Man injured in single-car accident
April 16, 2013
A man was transported to the Sutter Roseville Trauma Center Saturday afternoon, following a single-car accident near the 17000 block of Lake Vera and Purdon Road.
Nevada County Consolidated Fire Department crews arrived on the scene around 2 p.m. to find a 66-year-old male who had been momentarily pinned between the door of a vehicle and a utility pole, according to a press release. The man sustained multiple fractures to his upper extremities and chest trauma. He had reportedly been trying to stop a runaway vehicle that was headed for a ditch.
The victim’s name was not available as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns