Man injured after being pinned by vehicle
April 17, 2013
A 66-year-old man was flown by helicopter to a Roseville hospital Saturday afternoon after trying to stop a rolling vehicle.
The man, who was not identified, tried to stop the runaway vehicle in a driveway in the 17000 block of Lake Vera-Purdon Road, according to Nevada County Consolidated Fire Division Chief David Ray.
The man was momentarily pinned between the vehicle door and a utility pole and sustained multiple fractures to his arms, as well as chest trauma.
Firefighters from Consolidated and Grass Valley fire departments responded to the accident at just after 2 p.m.
The man was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center, but his current condition is not known.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)