Man injured after being pinned by vehicle
April 17, 2013
A 66-year-old man was flown by helicopter to a Roseville hospital Saturday afternoon after trying to stop a rolling vehicle.
The man, who was not identified, tried to stop the runaway vehicle in a driveway in the 17000 block of Lake Vera-Purdon Road, according to Nevada County Consolidated Fire Division Chief David Ray.
The man was momentarily pinned between the vehicle door and a utility pole and sustained multiple fractures to his arms, as well as chest trauma.
Firefighters from Consolidated and Grass Valley fire departments responded to the accident at just after 2 p.m.
The man was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center, but his current condition is not known.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law