Man injured after being pinned by vehicle
April 17, 2013
A 66-year-old man was flown by helicopter to a Roseville hospital Saturday afternoon after trying to stop a rolling vehicle.
The man, who was not identified, tried to stop the runaway vehicle in a driveway in the 17000 block of Lake Vera-Purdon Road, according to Nevada County Consolidated Fire Division Chief David Ray.
The man was momentarily pinned between the vehicle door and a utility pole and sustained multiple fractures to his arms, as well as chest trauma.
Firefighters from Consolidated and Grass Valley fire departments responded to the accident at just after 2 p.m.
The man was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center, but his current condition is not known.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance