Man in jail after alleged sex assault
September 28, 2012
A Grass Valley man remained in custody in county jail Monday after allegedly blundering into the wrong apartment and sexually assaulting his neighbor.
Juan Rosales Resador, 38, entered a neighbor's apartment in the 200 block of Washington Street at about 3 a.m. Sunday, possibly through an open patio door, according to Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks.
Resador then allegedly attempted oral copulation on the sleeping woman before she fought him off and "rushed him" out of the apartment, Marks said.
"His intention" in breaking into the apartment was unclear, Marks said. "It was alcohol-induced … He might have broken in, thinking it was his own apartment."
Resador was booked into county jail on suspicion of sexual battery, oral copulation and second-degree burglary and remains in custody in lieu of $25,000 bail.
The investigation is ongoing, Marks said.
"It is very important for people to secure their windows and doors, especially at night," he added.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck