Man arrested after reportedly punching robbery victim
February 10, 2014
A Grass Valley man remained in county jail in lieu of $100,000 bail after he reportedly punched his robbery victim.
The victim, who is not being identified, called 911 at just before 11 a.m. Friday to report the assault.
He told Grass Valley Police officers that he had walked into a business in the 1800 block of Nevada City Highway, and then when he came out, he saw a man identified as Andrew Daniel Stanley holding property that had been in his truck.
Stanley lunged at him and punched him in the face several times, said Sgt. Clint Bates.
The victim reportedly pinned Stanley to the ground and was trying to hold him until law enforcement arrived, Bates said.
But the suspect managed to break free and run, jumping a fence and hiding, according to Bates.
Stanley was located and taken into custody on suspicion of robbery.
The victim was uninjured, Bates said. The stolen items, which included electronics, were recovered.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum