Man arrested after allegeldy nearly running over cop
September 10, 2013
A Grass Valley police officer investigating a suspicious vehicle was nearly mowed down by a suspected drunken driver in the wee hours of the morning Saturday.
The officer was on Doris Drive at about 1:50 a.m., walking along the narrow, winding track with a flashlight, said Capt. Rex Marks.
“The officer was in uniform and tried to signal the driver with the flashlight,” Marks aid. “He was totally oblivious, and drove directly at him … The officer had to jump out of the way.”
The driver — identified as Patrick Harvey Kahler, 26 — was eventually located on Arcadia Drive and arrested on suspicion of reckless driving, assault with a deadly weapon and driving under the influence. He was booked and released on $27,257 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project