Man arrested after allegeldy nearly running over cop
September 10, 2013
A Grass Valley police officer investigating a suspicious vehicle was nearly mowed down by a suspected drunken driver in the wee hours of the morning Saturday.
The officer was on Doris Drive at about 1:50 a.m., walking along the narrow, winding track with a flashlight, said Capt. Rex Marks.
"The officer was in uniform and tried to signal the driver with the flashlight," Marks aid. "He was totally oblivious, and drove directly at him … The officer had to jump out of the way."
The driver — identified as Patrick Harvey Kahler, 26 — was eventually located on Arcadia Drive and arrested on suspicion of reckless driving, assault with a deadly weapon and driving under the influence. He was booked and released on $27,257 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin