Man arrested after allegedly kicking in door
March 6, 2013
Nevada City police officers arrested a man at gunpoint after he allegedly kicked in the door of his ex-girlfriend's residence Friday morning.
The woman, who was not identified, called at about 8:20 a.m. to report that Brent Emile Williams was outside her residence in the 500 block of Nimrod Street, screaming and pounding on the door.
As officers were en route, she called back to report that he was trying to break in, said Sgt. Dan Badour.
"He had kicked in the door, and caused a lot of damage," Badour said.
When officers arrived, Williams allegedly was back outside, sitting down. He was arrested without incident and booked on suspicion of first-degree burglary of an inhabited welling. He was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
The woman was granted an emergency protective order, Badour said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life