Man arrested after allegedly kicking in door
March 6, 2013
Nevada City police officers arrested a man at gunpoint after he allegedly kicked in the door of his ex-girlfriend’s residence Friday morning.
The woman, who was not identified, called at about 8:20 a.m. to report that Brent Emile Williams was outside her residence in the 500 block of Nimrod Street, screaming and pounding on the door.
As officers were en route, she called back to report that he was trying to break in, said Sgt. Dan Badour.
“He had kicked in the door, and caused a lot of damage,” Badour said.
When officers arrived, Williams allegedly was back outside, sitting down. He was arrested without incident and booked on suspicion of first-degree burglary of an inhabited welling. He was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
The woman was granted an emergency protective order, Badour said.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project