Man allegedly tried to sell pot to 12-year-old girl in Nevada City
March 5, 2013
A Nevada City man remained in county jail after allegedly trying to sell pot to a 12-year-old girl.
The man approached the girl on Broad Street just before 8 a.m. Monday and told her he had a substantial amount of marijuana in his pocket and asked if she wanted to buy some, said Nevada City Police Chief Jim Wickham.
The girl allegedly called her mother, who in turn contacted several city employees at City Hall, Wickham said.
The man, identified as Curtis Wayne Mock, was located near the National Hotel by two police officers.
"They did locate several bindles of marijuana on his person, consistent with sales," Wickham said.
Mock, 29, was arrested on suspicion of possessing marijuana for sale and selling marijuana to a minor. He was booked into county jail in lieu of $35,000 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger