Man allegedly found with beer, 14-year-old girl
November 19, 2012
An 18-year-old Nevada City man was arrested after allegedly being found in Condon Park after hours with alcohol and in the company of a 14-year-old girl.
Grass Valley Police officers were conducting an extra patrol in the park just before 9 p.m. Saturday, at a time when the park is closed, when they encountered Timothy Adam Blue, said officer Clint Bates.
Officers found a number of discarded beer cans near the duo.
“Both admitted to drinking and discarding (the beer) when they saw the police officer,” Bates said.
Additional alcohol was allegedly found on the girl, who said she was holding it for Blue. Both gave false names initially, Bates said.
Blue allegedly admitted to “shoulder-tapping” in Grass Valley in order to get the alcohol from a person of legal age and also to giving it to the girl.
Blue was arrested on suspicion of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and providing a false identity and was being held in county jail in lieu of $11,000 bail.
The girl was driven home and released to a parent.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide