LOP woman critical after golf cart crash
June 27, 2013
A Lake of the Pines woman remains in critical condition after being injured in a golf cart crash Saturday night.
Aline Depew, 54, was a passenger in a four-seater golf cart being driven by Bernice Stine on Lakeshore North at about 6:45 p.m., according to California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
There were two juveniles sitting in the rear of the cart, and everyone was wearing a seatbelt except for Depew, Tassone said.
Stine saw a deer on the road as she approached Shadow Drive, which she said appeared as if it might run further into the road.
She steered sharply to the left to avoid it, and Depew fell out of the cart on her back, striking her head on the roadway.
CHP officers, Higgins firefighters and ambulance personnel responded to the scene of the accident.
Depew sustained head trauma and was transported to the Higgins Fire Station, then was taken by helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
A hospital spokeswoman said she was in critical condition Tuesday morning.
Drugs and alcohol are not suspected to be a contributing factor to the accident, Tassone said.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws