Local theatre companies stand out in nominations for Elly Awards
August 13, 2012
The Sacramento Area Regional Theatre Alliance (SARTA) announced its annual list of nominations for community theater Elly Awards Sunday. Western Nevada County stood out with 32 nominations between 11 musicals and seven different theatrical companies. Among the highlights are two nominations for Overall Production by Community Asian Theatre of the Sierras (CATS) “The Teahouse of the August Moon” and Sierra Stages production of “Death of a Salesman.”
SARTA is an alliance of producing organizations, individual theatre artists and technicians, and administrators formed to foster and promote high quality theatre in the Sacramento area and neighboring regions, according to their website. The Elly Awards includes theatres within a 70-mile radius of Sacramento, according to SATRA.
The nominations are for productions that occured between the summer of 2011 and this spring. More than 400 Elly nominees for the 2011-12 season were announced.
More details, including a complete list of nominations will be in Tuesday’s print edition of The Union
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance