Local group donates 3,500 dictionaries each year to schools
September 14, 2012
Since 2006, Nevada County Republican Women Federated has distributed more than 3,500 dictionaries to every third grade student in Nevada County.
Continuing with this community outreach at no cost to the school or students, the group will purchase and deliver these complete and useful personalized dictionaries in late October.
The Dictionary Project is a nonprofit organization that works with sponsors like Nevada County Republican Women Federated throughout the United States to provide these Gazetteers to schools. The dictionary contains more than 32,000 words along with table of weights and measures, Declaration of Independence, United States Constitution, maps of continents, information on the 50 states, biographies of American presidents, and facts about the solar system and other items of interest.
Locally, Nevada County Republican Women Federated budgets approximately $1,200 annually for this program.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger