Local group donates 3,500 dictionaries each year to schools
September 14, 2012
Since 2006, Nevada County Republican Women Federated has distributed more than 3,500 dictionaries to every third grade student in Nevada County.
Continuing with this community outreach at no cost to the school or students, the group will purchase and deliver these complete and useful personalized dictionaries in late October.
The Dictionary Project is a nonprofit organization that works with sponsors like Nevada County Republican Women Federated throughout the United States to provide these Gazetteers to schools. The dictionary contains more than 32,000 words along with table of weights and measures, Declaration of Independence, United States Constitution, maps of continents, information on the 50 states, biographies of American presidents, and facts about the solar system and other items of interest.
Locally, Nevada County Republican Women Federated budgets approximately $1,200 annually for this program.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier