Local group donates 3,500 dictionaries each year to schools
September 14, 2012
Since 2006, Nevada County Republican Women Federated has distributed more than 3,500 dictionaries to every third grade student in Nevada County.
Continuing with this community outreach at no cost to the school or students, the group will purchase and deliver these complete and useful personalized dictionaries in late October.
The Dictionary Project is a nonprofit organization that works with sponsors like Nevada County Republican Women Federated throughout the United States to provide these Gazetteers to schools. The dictionary contains more than 32,000 words along with table of weights and measures, Declaration of Independence, United States Constitution, maps of continents, information on the 50 states, biographies of American presidents, and facts about the solar system and other items of interest.
Locally, Nevada County Republican Women Federated budgets approximately $1,200 annually for this program.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws