Local group donates 3,500 dictionaries each year to schools
September 14, 2012
Since 2006, Nevada County Republican Women Federated has distributed more than 3,500 dictionaries to every third grade student in Nevada County.
Continuing with this community outreach at no cost to the school or students, the group will purchase and deliver these complete and useful personalized dictionaries in late October.
The Dictionary Project is a nonprofit organization that works with sponsors like Nevada County Republican Women Federated throughout the United States to provide these Gazetteers to schools. The dictionary contains more than 32,000 words along with table of weights and measures, Declaration of Independence, United States Constitution, maps of continents, information on the 50 states, biographies of American presidents, and facts about the solar system and other items of interest.
Locally, Nevada County Republican Women Federated budgets approximately $1,200 annually for this program.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana