Local dog wins Westminster Best of Breed
February 18, 2013
A dog owned by Grass Valley resident Rebecca Hahn has claimed the title of Best of Breed for the Entlebucher Mountain Dog class at the 137th Westminster dog show this year.
Hahn also took the same title last year with her pooch, Jumanji. This year, Queso Von Adhem took the honor.
At the Westminster Kennel Club, 2,500-plus canines of 173 different breeds and varieties are whittled down to six dogs in the prestigious final round in which one is crowned “Best in Show.”
Hahn and her husband, Jay, are both retired Grass Valley veterinarians.
“They’re just wonderful people and easy to talk with,” said Joyce Bern, a longtime Hanh family friend. “They got recognized by Westminster and could show their dogs, and this year and last year they won Best of Breed.”
Queso’s breeder is Tori Devey, its sire is Jake Brunswick, and its dam is Galianna Adhem.
A video of Queso’s performance can be viewed by clicking HERE.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley