Local dog wins Westminster Best of Breed
February 18, 2013
A dog owned by Grass Valley resident Rebecca Hahn has claimed the title of Best of Breed for the Entlebucher Mountain Dog class at the 137th Westminster dog show this year.
Hahn also took the same title last year with her pooch, Jumanji. This year, Queso Von Adhem took the honor.
At the Westminster Kennel Club, 2,500-plus canines of 173 different breeds and varieties are whittled down to six dogs in the prestigious final round in which one is crowned "Best in Show."
Hahn and her husband, Jay, are both retired Grass Valley veterinarians.
"They're just wonderful people and easy to talk with," said Joyce Bern, a longtime Hanh family friend. "They got recognized by Westminster and could show their dogs, and this year and last year they won Best of Breed."
Queso's breeder is Tori Devey, its sire is Jake Brunswick, and its dam is Galianna Adhem.
A video of Queso's performance can be viewed by clicking HERE.
Trending In: Local News
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum