Large-scale gas thefts plague Grass Valley
March 7, 2014
Grass Valley Police detectives are investigating a series of large-scale fuel thefts at a number of gas stations recently. The thefts have been occurring over the last three weeks, at more than one location in town, said Sgt. Jason Perry.
"At one location alone, the theft was of more than 200 gallons," he said.
While Perry did not want to provide specifics, he said the thieves are accessing the fuel through the dispenser and are bypassing the electronic shut-off system so the pump does not turn off.
"There was a rash of fuel thefts a couple of years back, but (these) are a little different," Perry said, adding this type of theft has been seen in the Sacramento region in the last few years.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life