Large-scale gas thefts plague Grass Valley
March 7, 2014
Grass Valley Police detectives are investigating a series of large-scale fuel thefts at a number of gas stations recently. The thefts have been occurring over the last three weeks, at more than one location in town, said Sgt. Jason Perry.
"At one location alone, the theft was of more than 200 gallons," he said.
While Perry did not want to provide specifics, he said the thieves are accessing the fuel through the dispenser and are bypassing the electronic shut-off system so the pump does not turn off.
"There was a rash of fuel thefts a couple of years back, but (these) are a little different," Perry said, adding this type of theft has been seen in the Sacramento region in the last few years.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball