Large animal rescue team responds to down horse
December 17, 2012
Grass Valley and Nevada County Consolidated fire units were requested to assist with rescue of a horse in the 14000 Block of South Ponderosa Way at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Upon arrival fire units found a veterinarian on scene with a horse that had been unable to move for the past several hours, according to a report. The vet at scene was able to provide fluids to the horse.
Fire crews evaluated the conditions and requested additional assistance after making initial attempts to remove the horse.
With arrival of additional fire resources, the horse was lifted and able to stand on its own. Veterinarians on scene provided care to the horse after it was lifted.
The Joint Operational Area (Nevada County Fire, Nevada City Fire and Grass Valley Fire) have specialized equipment and training for large animal rescue incidents including a specialized trailer which responded to this incident.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Autumn activities: Bridgeport Fall Festival (Photo Gallery)