Large animal rescue team responds to down horse
December 17, 2012
Grass Valley and Nevada County Consolidated fire units were requested to assist with rescue of a horse in the 14000 Block of South Ponderosa Way at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Upon arrival fire units found a veterinarian on scene with a horse that had been unable to move for the past several hours, according to a report. The vet at scene was able to provide fluids to the horse.
Fire crews evaluated the conditions and requested additional assistance after making initial attempts to remove the horse.
With arrival of additional fire resources, the horse was lifted and able to stand on its own. Veterinarians on scene provided care to the horse after it was lifted.
The Joint Operational Area (Nevada County Fire, Nevada City Fire and Grass Valley Fire) have specialized equipment and training for large animal rescue incidents including a specialized trailer which responded to this incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws