Jury finds killer alleged to have Nevada County link guilty
August 23, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO — A jury on Tuesday found a former photographer guilty of murdering four young California women. The Marin County jury deliberated for about eight hours before finding Joseph Naso, 79, guilty of killing Roxene Roggasch in 1977, Carmen Colon in 1978, Pamela Parsons in 1993 and Tracy Tafoya in 1994.
Not among the prosecuted victims was a devoted Bob Dylan fan whose skull was found in Nevada County.
The jury will reconvene Sept. 4 for the penalty phase of the trial. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
Naso was arrested in 2010 after probation officers visiting his Reno home discovered a macabre dwelling with incriminating evidence that included a "List of 10." Prosecutors alleged that No. 8 on the list was Renee Shapiro, also known as Sara Dylan and Sara Shapiro.
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance