Indian Springs attic blaze extinguished
November 19, 2013
A fire Saturday morning in a two-story home was extinguished before it could spread, thanks to a coordinated efforts by responding fire agencies.
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters responded to a report of a fire in the 14000 block of Oak Ridge Road off Indian Springs Road just after 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
Resources arrived to find smoke coming from the roof, according to a press release from Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. The fire was found to be well established in a wall between a masonry chimney and interior masonry fascia and was extending into the attic, Funk wrote.
Firefighters from Penn Valley, Higgins and Rough and Ready also responded to the fire. The responding agencies were able to contain the fire to the area of origin.
No injuries were reported; the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger