Indian Springs attic blaze extinguished
November 19, 2013
A fire Saturday morning in a two-story home was extinguished before it could spread, thanks to a coordinated efforts by responding fire agencies.
Nevada County Consolidated firefighters responded to a report of a fire in the 14000 block of Oak Ridge Road off Indian Springs Road just after 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
Resources arrived to find smoke coming from the roof, according to a press release from Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. The fire was found to be well established in a wall between a masonry chimney and interior masonry fascia and was extending into the attic, Funk wrote.
Firefighters from Penn Valley, Higgins and Rough and Ready also responded to the fire. The responding agencies were able to contain the fire to the area of origin.
No injuries were reported; the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum