UPDATE: I-80 westbound closed; traffic detoured through Nevada City, Grass Valley
February 13, 2017
UPDATE 4:14 p.m. — I-80 westbound at Baxter is now closed, again.
According to CHP Truckee, multiple slides have occurred, with another one expected soon.
All westbound traffic is being detoured onto SR-20 through Nevada City and Grass Valley.
Area residents should expect heavy traffic on SR-20 and SR-49.
UPDATE 3:02 p.m. — I-80 westbound at Baxter has re-opened.
“Cal Trans had a ton of equipment in the area and was able to clear a lane quickly,” the CHP reports.
“Only (one) lane is open at this time, so expect significant delays in the area.”
2:40 p.m. — The California Highway Patrol reports Interstate 80 westbound is closed at SR-20 due to another mudslide.
The new slide is in the same location as the one that shut I-80 down on Feb. 10.
The detour for I-80 westbound will be to use SR-20 to SR-49.
I-80 westbound will be completely closed to all tractor trailer traffic.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death