Hurt driver walks away from San Juan Ridge wreck
November 5, 2013
An unidentified man with serious injuries fled the scene of a severe single-vehicle accident on Tyler Foote Road near Murphy Road, only to be located and flown via helicopter to a trauma center, according to fire officials.
Firefighters from North San Juan Fire District and Cal Fire arrived at the scene of the wreck at 10:30 p.m. Saturday night to find an abandoned vehicle with severe damage, said Christopher Montelius, public information officer with North San Juan Fire.
The driver had evidently self-extricated and was subsequently transported via a private vehicle to a friend's residence.
Due to the extent of damage to the vehicle, firefighters alerted an air ambulance as a precautionary measure.
The patient was soon found at the residence, received treatment for his injuries and was transported by helicopter to a nearby trauma center.
Please check back at theunion.com for more details.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)