House fire in Cascade Shores quickly contained
January 8, 2014
An aggressive attack by firefighters kept a residential fire contained to just one room Monday morning.
The fire, in the 14000 block of Lake Lane in Cascade Shores, was reported at just after 9:30 a.m. and the first engine to arrive reported smoke showing.
An aggressive attack kept the blaze to the room of origin and its contents; smoke and water damage was reported to the entire residence. No residents were home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Crews from Grass Valley, Nevada City and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments responded to the fire, which was under investigation.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide