House fire in Cascade Shores quickly contained
January 8, 2014
An aggressive attack by firefighters kept a residential fire contained to just one room Monday morning.
The fire, in the 14000 block of Lake Lane in Cascade Shores, was reported at just after 9:30 a.m. and the first engine to arrive reported smoke showing.
An aggressive attack kept the blaze to the room of origin and its contents; smoke and water damage was reported to the entire residence. No residents were home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Crews from Grass Valley, Nevada City and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments responded to the fire, which was under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger