House fire in Cascade Shores quickly contained
January 8, 2014
An aggressive attack by firefighters kept a residential fire contained to just one room Monday morning.
The fire, in the 14000 block of Lake Lane in Cascade Shores, was reported at just after 9:30 a.m. and the first engine to arrive reported smoke showing.
An aggressive attack kept the blaze to the room of origin and its contents; smoke and water damage was reported to the entire residence. No residents were home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Crews from Grass Valley, Nevada City and Nevada County Consolidated fire departments responded to the fire, which was under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)