House fire at Kendall and Clark streets in Grass Valley
March 7, 2014
A fire at a one-story Grass Valley residence was quickly extinguished Wednesday night.
Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada City, Nevada County Consolidated and Cal Fire responded to the fire at Kendall and Clark streets at about 8:30 p.m. The first engine arrived to find fire coming out the windows on one side and about 25 percent involvement.
The fire, which had spread into the attic, was contained within about 20 minutes. Two rooms sustained heavy fire damage and the rest of the house had smoke and heat damage.
The cause of the fire in the house, which was vacant at the time, remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Autumn activities: Bridgeport Fall Festival (Photo Gallery)