House fire at Kendall and Clark streets in Grass Valley
March 7, 2014
A fire at a one-story Grass Valley residence was quickly extinguished Wednesday night.
Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada City, Nevada County Consolidated and Cal Fire responded to the fire at Kendall and Clark streets at about 8:30 p.m. The first engine arrived to find fire coming out the windows on one side and about 25 percent involvement.
The fire, which had spread into the attic, was contained within about 20 minutes. Two rooms sustained heavy fire damage and the rest of the house had smoke and heat damage.
The cause of the fire in the house, which was vacant at the time, remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death