House fire at Kendall and Clark streets in Grass Valley
March 7, 2014
A fire at a one-story Grass Valley residence was quickly extinguished Wednesday night.
Firefighters from Grass Valley, Nevada City, Nevada County Consolidated and Cal Fire responded to the fire at Kendall and Clark streets at about 8:30 p.m. The first engine arrived to find fire coming out the windows on one side and about 25 percent involvement.
The fire, which had spread into the attic, was contained within about 20 minutes. Two rooms sustained heavy fire damage and the rest of the house had smoke and heat damage.
The cause of the fire in the house, which was vacant at the time, remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County