Highway 174 crash sends teen to hospital
February 2, 2014
A 17-year-old Colfax girl was transported to the hospital by helicopter after crashing her SUV into a stop sign and a tree Thursday morning.
California Highway Patrol officers responded to the scene of the accident on Highway 174 and Powerline Road just before 10 a.m., after receiving a report that the female driver of the Dodge Durango was unconscious.
The girl reportedly lost control of the SUV, ran off the road and took out a stop sign before hitting the tree.
She might have had a pre-existing medical condition that caused the accident. She was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with minor to moderate injuries. She reportedly is in stable condition.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation