Highway 174 crash sends teen to hospital
February 2, 2014
A 17-year-old Colfax girl was transported to the hospital by helicopter after crashing her SUV into a stop sign and a tree Thursday morning.
California Highway Patrol officers responded to the scene of the accident on Highway 174 and Powerline Road just before 10 a.m., after receiving a report that the female driver of the Dodge Durango was unconscious.
The girl reportedly lost control of the SUV, ran off the road and took out a stop sign before hitting the tree.
She might have had a pre-existing medical condition that caused the accident. She was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with minor to moderate injuries. She reportedly is in stable condition.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business