Highway 174 crash sends teen to hospital
February 2, 2014
A 17-year-old Colfax girl was transported to the hospital by helicopter after crashing her SUV into a stop sign and a tree Thursday morning.
California Highway Patrol officers responded to the scene of the accident on Highway 174 and Powerline Road just before 10 a.m., after receiving a report that the female driver of the Dodge Durango was unconscious.
The girl reportedly lost control of the SUV, ran off the road and took out a stop sign before hitting the tree.
She might have had a pre-existing medical condition that caused the accident. She was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with minor to moderate injuries. She reportedly is in stable condition.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires