Gun incident ends in arrest
February 11, 2013
A south county man ended up in jail after allegedly taking a woman’s loaded gun Thursday night.
Nevada County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a residence in the 10000 block of Braemar Way at about 8:45 p.m. after the woman called to report her stepson was outside, “going nuts,” according to dispatch reports.
She told deputies he had taken her pistol, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
“Apparently, she was able to snatch it out of his waistband,” Royal said.
The man, identified as Adam Lloyd Beck, 29, was arrested without incident.
But at the jail, Beck allegedly told personnel he had swallowed a bunch of pills and was suicidal.
He was transported to Sierra Nevada Medical Hospital and medically cleared.
He was then booked back at the jail on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia and being a felon in possession of a firearm, as well as an out-of-county warrant.
Beck was placed in a safety cell for monitoring, Royal added. He is being held in lieu of $11,000 bail.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project