Gun incident ends in arrest
February 11, 2013
A south county man ended up in jail after allegedly taking a woman's loaded gun Thursday night.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies responded to a residence in the 10000 block of Braemar Way at about 8:45 p.m. after the woman called to report her stepson was outside, "going nuts," according to dispatch reports.
She told deputies he had taken her pistol, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
"Apparently, she was able to snatch it out of his waistband," Royal said.
The man, identified as Adam Lloyd Beck, 29, was arrested without incident.
But at the jail, Beck allegedly told personnel he had swallowed a bunch of pills and was suicidal.
He was transported to Sierra Nevada Medical Hospital and medically cleared.
He was then booked back at the jail on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia and being a felon in possession of a firearm, as well as an out-of-county warrant.
Beck was placed in a safety cell for monitoring, Royal added. He is being held in lieu of $11,000 bail.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death