Grass Valley’s Nevada Union choir returned from Baltic States trip
April 16, 2013
Members of the Nevada Union High School Choir visited the Baltic Countries of Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania March 22 to April 1.
The group landed in Helsinki, Finland, and sang in the rock church the following evening.
The group crossed the icy Baltic Sea to Tallinn, Estonia, where they sang with the youth choir at Tallinn Music High School and spent the night in a castle.
Students also sang with the Gymnasium State School choir and performed a Good Friday concert in St. Peter's Cathedral in Riga, Latvia.
The choir also visited Vilnius, Lithuania, and performed an Easter Sunday service in St. Casimir's Church.
"It was truly a trip of a life time for all of us. The concerts, audiences and venues were amazing, but most of all the, kids and chaperones were the best of the best," said Rod Baggett, director. "Thanks to all for such a memorable experience."
A Nevada Union choir fundraiser will be hosted 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 23 at Margaritas Mexican restaurant at 988 Plaza Drive, Grass Valley, which can be contacted at 530-272-6974.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws