Grass Valley woman reports attempted abduction
July 17, 2013
A man reportedly grabbed an 18-year-old woman and tried to force her into his vehicle Thursday night in the parking lot of a Grass Valley apartment complex.
The woman, who was not identified, called 911 at 9:50 p.m. to report the attempted abduction.
The woman is a resident of the complex in the 200 block of Dorsey Drive and was walking to the apartment of a friend in the same complex, said Grass Valley Police Sgt. Steve Johnson.
"She said she was in the driveway when a vehicle pulled up, a man got out and tried to force her into the car," Johnson said. "She resisted and fought back and was able to break free and run away."
The victim told police officers she did not know the man. She described him as a white man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-11, of average build, with dirty blond dreadlocks.
She said he had a tattoo on his right arm and was driving a dark-colored wagon or hatchback that might have been a Subaru, with a dog inside the vehicle.
Johnson asked anyone with information to call the police department at 477-4600.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection