Grass Valley woman arrested for allegedly punching grandmother
October 11, 2013
A Grass Valley woman remains in custody in county jail after she allegedly punched and kicked her grandmother Tuesday afternoon.
The 24-year-old woman, identified as Darlene Michelle Balmer, reportedly had been arguing with her 64-year-old grandmother over child custody issues at a residence in the 100 block of Celesta Drive, said Grass Valley police Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
Balmer punched the older woman in the head, knocking her unconscious, Matteoni said, adding that she woke up to Balmer kicking her.
Another family member reportedly intervened and Balmer left the residence on foot.
She was located on Cypress Hill Drive and arrested on suspicion of battery causing serious bodily injury and inflicting corporal injury in a cohabitant. She was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns