Grass Valley woman arrested for allegedly punching grandmother
October 11, 2013
A Grass Valley woman remains in custody in county jail after she allegedly punched and kicked her grandmother Tuesday afternoon.
The 24-year-old woman, identified as Darlene Michelle Balmer, reportedly had been arguing with her 64-year-old grandmother over child custody issues at a residence in the 100 block of Celesta Drive, said Grass Valley police Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
Balmer punched the older woman in the head, knocking her unconscious, Matteoni said, adding that she woke up to Balmer kicking her.
Another family member reportedly intervened and Balmer left the residence on foot.
She was located on Cypress Hill Drive and arrested on suspicion of battery causing serious bodily injury and inflicting corporal injury in a cohabitant. She was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home